[Stackless] Stackless 2.7.4: change log, precompiled binaries

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Tue May 14 14:11:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

last week I released Stackless Python 2.7.4rc2. I didn't get any bug
reports up to now. Either nobody tried the release candidate or there
are no bugs (not very likely).

Part of any serious software release is a document, that summarises the
changes to the previous version. For CPython this document is Misc/NEWS.
Stackless Python traditionally lacks a summary of Stackless specific
changes. Because reading of mercurial and subversion commits messages is
nothing an average Python user. Therefore I revived the file
Stackless/changelog.txt and added a selection of important changes from
the svn/hg history.

Now I ask everybody who knows the history of Stackless Python to check
and improve Stackless/changelog.txt.

Another question: who can build additional precompiled binaries? I can
build binaries for Windows and amd64 Linux.

Cheers
   Anselm

--
  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22