[Stackless] [RELEASED] Stackless 2.7.5 released

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Wed May 22 07:41:40 CEST 2013

On 5/21/13 9:07 PM, Anselm Kruis wrote:
> It is my greatest pleasure to announce the release of Stackless 2.7.5.
>
> Stackless 2.7.5 not only incorporates CPython 2.7.5 but also fixes a
> view defects of previous releases. For details, see the
> Stackless/changelog.txt file in the distribution or view it at
>

> http://hg.python.org/stackless/file/dd4c3217ae76/Stackless/changelog.txt
>
> Downloads are at
>
>      http://www.stackless.com/wiki/Download.
>
> If you use CPython 2.7.3, 2.7.4 or 2.7.5 on Windows (x86 or amd64) or
> Linux (amd64) you can add Stackless to your existing Python installation
> using the PyPI "stackless-python" installer. It
> adds a new executable "slpython" and does not harm your existing
> installation in any way.
>
> Simply run:
>   $ pip install stackless-python
> or
>   $ easy_install stackless-python

Hi Anselm

fiddling with the homebrew stackless.rb script, I'm at the point where
python builds fine, sqlite has an old problem popping up from a previous
release (symbol not found - _sqlite3_enable_load_extension), but is
currently not linked into /usr/local/bin. My question is: do you have a
separate site-packages situation when doing a parallel install or do
standard python and slpython share this directory?

I'm favoring the shared site-packages, what do you think?

Werner