[Stackless] Comparison with CPython

Carlos Nepomuceno carlosnepomuceno at outlook.com
Sat May 25 02:18:54 CEST 2013

Hi guys! It's my first post on this list.

I just discovered Stackless Python, read some pages at http://www.stackless.com/ but I still have many questions.

Is there a benchmark comparison of Stackless Python and other Python implementations (CPython, PyPi, Cython, etc.)?

I'd like to know what's the performance gain by using Stackless Python instead of CPython 2.7.5 threading module.

I'm developing software that takes 5,000 active threads (sometimes up to 100,000) and would like to know the benefits and limitations and how to safely implement those threads in Stackless with focus on speed.

Any suggestions for a newbie? Any sample codes?