[Stackless] Fwd: deepcopying (pickling) channels

lars van Gemerden lars at rational-it.com
Fri Nov 1 11:36:56 CET 2013

Thank you Chris,

I am doing something else now but will be testing/using this asap (a lot on
my plate).

Has anyone checked what the behavior of non-stackless python is (with
and/or without Wing debugger). I think that if possible that should be the
situation to mimic and should give an indication who is best positioned
(Wing and/or Stackless) to do the final fix.

Cheers, Lars

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com>wrote:

> On 29.10.13 16:54, John Ehresman wrote:
>
>> On 10/27/13 6:18 PM, Christian Tismer wrote:
>>
>>> So my guess of the solution is this:
>>>
>>> Let wingdb_import_hook report "__builtin__" as its module and
>>> '__import__' as
>>> its name, and you are fine.
>>>

>> You're right.  The problem with simply using a name other than
>> __builtin__.__import__ is that it may not be there when a pickle is loaded
>> because the debugger may not be running.  This is illustrated by the
>> attached failimp.py file.  Try running:
>>     failimp.py debug dump
>>     failimp.py load
>> This simulates creating a pickle when the debugger is running and then
>> trying to load it when the debugger is not running.  The workaround is to
>> set __module__ to '__builtin__' and __name__ to '__import__' on the
>> import_hook function.
>>

> Here is a simple work-around that people might want to use until either
> Wing or Stackless are changed a bit.
> It crashes in the Wing IDE, unless you specify 'fix' on the command line.
>
> cheers - chris
>

> --
> Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
> Software Consulting          :     Have a break! Take a ride on Python's
> Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 121     :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
> 14482 Potsdam                :     PGP key -> http://pgp.uni-mainz.de
> phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023
> PGP 0x57F3BF04       9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619  305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04
>       whom do you want to sponsor today?   http://www.stackless.com/

Lars van Gemerden
lars at rational-it.com
+31 6 26 88 55 39