[Stackless] python 2.8 slp (Re: Fwd: [Stackless-checkins] stackless (2.7-slp): add a filter function to zipfile.PyZipFile.)

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 20:29:39 CET 2013

This has been talked about on and off the list for years.  I think at
this point it's a matter of just doing it.  Let's get this dog and
pony show on the road :-)

Would we bother to provide builds which are not "Stackless"?  I really
don't see the point, code which does not use Stackless features should
run the same regardless of whether we compile it in or out.

We've discussed in the past whether we should bundle stacklesslib with
our Python builds.  What was the reason we don't do this?