[Stackless] python 2.8 slp (Re: Fwd: [Stackless-checkins] stackless (2.7-slp): add a filter function to zipfile.PyZipFile.)

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Tue Nov 12 10:04:47 CET 2013

Yay!

> Would we bother to provide builds which are not "Stackless"?  I really don't
> see the point, code which does not use Stackless features should run the
> same regardless of whether we compile it in or out.
I think the compile time option is there more as a sanity check than anything.
I don't see the point of leaving stackless out,.

> We've discussed in the past whether we should bundle stacklesslib with our
> Python builds.  What was the reason we don't do this?

Different release schedule, perhaps?
At CCP I've put a "stacklesslib" inside the Lib folder.  We could add that to stackless.
But we would have to think about release schedules, and cadence (a popular word these days.)
Would we want to make stacklesslib more official?  We would have to give it some more love,
unittests, and its own installer.  Or not.  Installer or not?  part of lib or part of the cheeseshop?