[Stackless] python 2.8 slp (Re: Fwd: [Stackless-checkins] stackless (2.7-slp): add a filter function to zipfile.PyZipFile.)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Wed Nov 13 18:12:41 CET 2013

This problem is going to vanish, as there is a patch under review that
fixes this, soon.

The problem itself remains: this is an old bug that is waiting for the
vermin exterminators
<http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/vermin+exterminators.html>.

cheers - chris :-)

On 12/11/13 12:16, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Not really true:
>
> I am fighting since weeks to get a patch into PySide that makes stackless
> run with PySide (and non-stackless as well).
>
> It is actually that old issue from 2007:
> Stackless should not touch its extra fields in PyHeapType when the
> extension
> flag is not set.
>
> As long as that is not solved, we must admit that binary compatibility
> is not there.
>
> Not sure what is faster: Pondering more on the PySide devs to allow my
> patch,
> or fixing Stackless once and for all time.
>
> sigh -- Chris
>

> On 12.11.13 10:04, Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023