[Stackless] PEP 0404 and VS 2010 (python-dev)

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 22:08:49 CET 2013

I find it hard to take that thread seriously.

There's the usual crowd that are firmly against a continued 2.x.  I
see their names and their hardline attitude every time some
conversation like this comes up.

Then there are the people that cling to tenuous claims, in order to
push against it.

Suddenly, Stackless Python is confusing?  After 12 years?  Never have
I encountered someone install Stackless Python and think they were
installing normal Python.

And the trademark threats?  What?!  More nonsense.

I simply don't see the problem here.  No reasonable person is going to
get confused, unless we approach it in a way where we plan to
intentionally make them so - which we don't.

Let's move forward with this.  You're never going to make the list
happy.  The people who always chime in with 3.x is the way forward,
and 2.x is dead, will never be satisfied.

Better to enjoy making positive progress, than wallow in their negativity.