[Stackless] PEP 0404 and VS 2010 (python-dev)

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Fri Nov 22 09:42:52 CET 2013

I'm not quite sure I understand the problem (ignoring python-dev for the moment)
Why do we need to think about CPython at all?  Do you have a customer that wants CPython (without stackless features) but with 2.7 + features?
If you don't, then all we need is to make a break from cpython cleanly.  I don't see how we need to support CPython.
if python-dev wants a 2010 version, then they can have that as a PCBuild11 subdirectory in their 2.7 CPython branch.

We can just move forward with our own "Stackless 2.8" and it can even have a "slpython28.dll/.so" library.