[Stackless] PEP 0404 and VS 2010 (python-dev)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Nov 22 17:07:08 CET 2013

Hi Richard,

sorry that I did not find that post. The threading feature of
Thunderbird made me miss it.

Great post, thank you for speaking up and giving all the pointers.

On 22/11/13 10:17, Richard Tew wrote:
> I think you should do whatever you need to, to make this work.
> I've posted to python-dev expressing why I feel like their reaction is
> unreasonable, and unjustified.
> I think there is value in having the Python in the name.  But if you
> need to ditch it to get on with things and to avoid the drama, then I
> guess it needs to happen.

Maybe it is sufficient to avoid confusion of the poor majority of
users by removing the name "Python" from exactly this one "Stackless  2.8"
release and that's it.

cheers -- chris

Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe.