[Stackless] PEP 0404 and VS 2010 (python-dev)

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 08:31:57 CET 2013

I've decided to stop posting to the python-dev mailing list.  Every
time I post, I wonder who I am talking to, and what it accomplishes.
Am I talking to one of the most vocal posters who always share their
opinion, or someone who represents the official position of the PSF?
Even if someone just voices an opinion, that they mention the
trademark being used against us, has now I take it become a problem
for you Anselm.

The name change is a token gesture.  I don't think they've thought it
through.  People searching for "Python 2.8" will still find us.  But
pointing this out can't really help the situation.

Do we need to email the PSF and get a clear statement under which
circumstances the trademark will be used against us?