[Stackless] Stackless 2.8 layout (or stackless python 404)

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Mon Nov 25 19:09:53 CET 2013

On 25.11.13 17:20, Anselm Kruis wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Anselm, quick question before thinking any further:

> Those extensions, once installed via "stackless" are then also available
>> via "python".
>> Example: pywin32 would get installed uniquely by "stackless -m pip
>> pywin32". It would
>> work as well with "python" in the same installation.
>
> Are you sure? Granted for pure python packages, but surely not for
> compiled extensions. They depend on the python-DLL and the the name of
> the DLL would be different for Stackless 2.8 and CPython 2.7.

Hum, this is important.
I had tested the same PySide egg, built for "python 2.7 VS 2010" and could
install the egg in a "stackless VS 2010" as well. This made me believe
I could use the same extension for both interpreter
versions.

But I forgot that in a combined approach the .DLL names must be different.
If there is no simple way out, then I must retract this idea.
That changes a lot, very important that you noticed that.
I would have loved such a hybrid thing, but if you don't see a chance,
then I'm sadly retracting. ?

thanks a lot - Chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023