[Stackless] Stackless 2.8 layout (or stackless python 404)

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 06:10:28 CET 2013

I think by default bitbucket shows the README file when you click on a repo.

This currently says:

  This is Stackless Python version 2.8.0
  ======================================

Perhaps we should change this to say something like:

  This is Stackless version 2.8.0

  Stackless, formally known as Stackless Python, has been an enhanced
version of the Python
  programming language for over 12 years.  It is still that, but now
includes backported
  changes from Python 3.x into the 2.x line.

Or something..

I know there are a lot of outstanding changes which I don't fully
understand, otherwise I'd just go ahead and commit something.  I'll
reread this thread and refamiliarise myself.