[Stackless] Fwd: Re: [Python-Dev] PEP process entry point and ill fated initiatives

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Thu Nov 28 23:27:00 CET 2013

Hi friends,

I almost fell in the trap to react to this by saying
"""hey, I could have reacted exactly as anatoly did""".

Guido's explainment is the first thing that was understandable to me.

The whole rest, hard to follow links to long chains of other links
to related documents, the unfriendly, burocratic treatment in the
issue-tracker, the closing of issue as a slap in the face - this made
me feel like it was myself:

It appears as he wanted to improve the PEP process and submit a patch to
the peps by a pull request that was not the way peps work.
My goodness, he was asked to discuss this first on python-ideas!
I think I know why I never submit peps.

I would like to know your opinion befor I start another fight for nothing.
I have the impression that people no longer realize how boring and
distracting
it is to even read all the stuff.

And I think the intent to avoid a discussion in the large on Python-dev
was a good
thing that should be honored.

Cheers -- Chris