[Stackless] Fwd: Re: [Python-Dev] PEP process entry point and ill fated initiatives

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Fri Nov 29 09:51:26 CET 2013

Good heavens!
I have all but stopped submitting patches because you end up
having to fight all the usual fights with all the usual crew.
Often these are constructive criticisms but often they are just
knee-jerk responses and turf-wars.

Personally I don't enjoy those and most often it gets me so tired that
I throw in the towel and stop for six months or more.  I have a bunch of
abandoned patches in the tracker that I can't be bothered with anymore
because this senseless stubbornness has removed whatever joy from
doing so that I originally fealt.

I recently declined the request to follow a PEP through for this reason.
Having closely watched Victor Stinner through his own pep process
(producing some, what I'd like to think of as, constructive criticisms
along the way) I am even more firm in my resolve to stay away from
those.

I'm amazed that python hasn't been forked long ago.