[Stackless] Fwd: Re: [Python-Dev] PEP process entry point and ill fated initiatives

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 20:57:04 CET 2013

I don't think Python can really be forked.  A symbiotic fork, like
Stackless in the past or the 2.8 future, is one thing.  But the core
developers do all the work, and for the most part as a hobby.  To
replace that, and to come up with something people will choose over
and above genuine Python, would be perhaps impractical.  If you used
Python to name the fork, given it would be _a Python_, you'd probably
be batted around with the trademark.

As much as they create their own problem with Anatoly, and then blame
him for it, to some degree that's their prerogative.  I'm glad to see
though that Guido seems to recognise this in his approach.