[Stackless] Stackless 2.8 layout (or stackless python 404)

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 00:43:50 CET 2013

I agree.  Restricting changes to the Stackless patch, and backports
that are as original as possible, helps make additional future
backporting easier.

I think we should just keep it simple.  Perhaps the following
guidelines incorporating your ideas will do?

1. Someone suggests a backport on the list (with mainline issue number).
2. If the backport is approved, a Stackless issue can be created.  At
this point, this just means there's an issue tagging this feature as
approved for future merging given a good merge candidate.
3. Either the person who suggested the backport, or someone with the
time and interest, can pick up an approved backport issue to work on.
Once done, they can submit a push request.  If the patch gets reviewed
successfully or a list okay or whatever, then it gets merged.

When it comes to bringing in indirectly related changes in the same
files, common sense should be used.  Any approach other than this,
gets a "please follow the process" request.  Ill request threads on
the mailing list, should be addressed clearly, then ignored if they
continue.