[Stackless] Fwd: deepcopying (pickling) channels

John Ehresman jpe at wingware.com
Thu Oct 24 22:38:02 CEST 2013

On 10/24/13 3:51 PM, John Ehresman wrote:
> On 10/24/13 3:19 PM, lars van Gemerden wrote:
>> Did some digging in the call stack:
>
> Where is reduce function for module objects defined?  It's returning a
> dict with an __import__ key value defined, even though __import__ is in
> builtins rather than the module dict.  What I'd like the reduce function
> to do is return a dict without __import__.

It looks like this is defined in Stackless/pickling/prickelpit.c and it
looks like it explicitly gets the __import__ value and returns it.  Is
there a reason for this?  I'm interested in make pickle work such that
something can be pickled when the debugger is active and then later
unpickled when it's not active.

Thanks,

John