[Stackless] Fwd: deepcopying (pickling) channels

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Fri Oct 25 00:05:44 CEST 2013

On 24.10.13 22:38, John Ehresman wrote:
> On 10/24/13 3:51 PM, John Ehresman wrote:
>> On 10/24/13 3:19 PM, lars van Gemerden wrote:
>>> Did some digging in the call stack:
>>
>> Where is reduce function for module objects defined?  It's returning a
>> dict with an __import__ key value defined, even though __import__ is in
>> builtins rather than the module dict.  What I'd like the reduce function
>> to do is return a dict without __import__.
>
> It looks like this is defined in Stackless/pickling/prickelpit.c and
> it looks like it explicitly gets the __import__ value and returns it.
> Is there a reason for this?  I'm interested in make pickle work such
> that something can be pickled when the debugger is active and then
> later unpickled when it's not active.

Yes, I was about to reply "prickelpit" as well.
Don't remember yet why (probably) I have done it this way, 10 years ago.

I have no problem to make that better usable with Wing.
But maybe it needs to bump the version because people
have saved, quite old versions.

Having that said, I will look a bit deeper now.

cheers - chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023