[Stackless] merging changes

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Mon Oct 28 21:30:08 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 26.10.2013 12:51, schrieb Kristján Valur Jónsson:
> As long as the features have unittests (stackless/unittests/...) then there is no special testing infrastructure needed.
That's perfectly valid as long as everything works as expected. But
sometimes things break in a subtle way and you need to closely
investigate the problem. For instance, a valid 2.7 test case could be
invalid for 3.x. Unfortunately I didn't use python 3.x yet and therefore
I would probably need a lot of time which I don't have.

> Everything we add should be unit-testable if possible.  I have tried to make it a habit to add these tests for all that I do
and my 3.x testing when porting features consists of running the test suite.
+1

As promised, here is a list of changes to be ported to 3.x.

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/24
http://hg.python.org/stackless/rev/2612a56e0082

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/22
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/00459789dc70
Perhaps we should refactor and simplify the f_execute logic at the end
of PyEval_EvalFrame_value. I didn't look into any 3.x version, but in
2.7 it is really hard to read.

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/20
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/91ff56a0cd3c
At least the test case.

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/18
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/7d4f4b6fdf06
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/7513dc7259b3

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/15
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/0f46dcc0abf0

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/14
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/53f0e5446729

http://www.stackless.com/ticket/12
http://www.stackless.com/changeset/56982efdeb04

Regards
   Anselm

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management: