[Stackless] stackless-tealet

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Thu Sep 5 12:15:52 CEST 2013

Am 05.09.2013 08:27, schrieb Kristján Valur Jónsson:
> In short: Architectural niceness, and hopefully simpler platform support since platform support is part of the separate, smaller, and easily testable, tealet module.

Well that is a good reason to change 3.x, but is it a valid reason to
change 2.7? Only if we plan to add new architectures or if the change
greatly reduces the maintenance effort.

> In addition, hopefully faster switching with less memory use.
> For the latter case, I really should gather some metrics, of course :)

Increased performance justifies the case, especially if you have a large
scale installation.

Kristján, how risky is the change? Currently 2.7-slp is a very reliable
piece of software used on many production sites. Every new bug is really
expensive.

Cheers
   Anselm

--
  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22