[Stackless] stackless improvements / evolution

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 07:12:49 CEST 2013

I don't see a reason why calling it 2.8 shouldn't be a problem if
Kristjan's already received the thumbs up.

Also, I think we should always provide binaries.  Most of us compiling
it ourselves, is not representative of the people who download
prebuilt binaries and installers who would probably not otherwise
bother with Stackless.  My take has always been that Stackless has
always been niche, and misrepresented with people making mistaken
comparisons to generator coroutines or that it "doesn't use the
stack."  It's only a good thing for Stackless to be more approachable,
so people can try it out on a whim.

On that subject, we haven't done binary only releases for the most
recent versions of Stackless.  The idea behind these was that they can
just be extracted over a Python installation to turn it into a
Stackless installation.  And there is a demand for these, someone was
just a few days ago moaning on stack overflow that there wasn't any
way to do this.

Anyway, some further thoughts.

Richard.