[Stackless] stackless-tealet

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Mon Sep 9 12:50:42 CEST 2013

Hi Anselm.
Your 'risk' argument makes perfect sense, and we don't want to rock the boat.
Also, platform support is important.  Greenlets (and hence tealets) seem to have a much narrower support than stackless.  How much of these platforms are in actual use?
I extended tealet so that it can actually use the stackless switching code, if there is no native greenlet-style switching. ( Armin improved the switching code so that it
does not rely on global variables and is thus thread-safe.  For stackless, it is ok to fall back to old-style switching because of the GIL, and this is what I do.)

What about stackless 3.x, is that currently in wide use?