[Stackless] Windows 2.7.6 stability

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Mon Feb 3 19:33:42 CET 2014

Could it be related to the PGO optimised build?
As far as I know, the mainline python installer is build without PGO.
Our installer is build with PGO optimisation.

Another question: can you try our 2.7.5 build? It is PGO optimized too.

Cheers
   Anselm

Am 03.02.2014 12:13, schrieb Kristján Valur Jónsson:
> Hi.
> Do you get this only with the installed version?
> Could you try replacing it with your own build?  If so, could you go into the source code and disable stack spilling ?
> You have to nerf the macro CSTACK_SAVE_NOW.
>
> I saw some mysterious crashes recently in a live build in Shanghai that went away when I disabled this.

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management: