[Stackless] new releases?

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Fri Feb 28 10:31:17 CET 2014

Not sure I understand your question.  If it has no local changes, why would it need pushing?
If it has, then I really can't tell what those changes are :)
You can always to a "hg outgoing" command to detect what would be pushed.

Or are you questioning whether we should release those new stackless thingies with all those new changes?  That's
another issue entirely :)
All of these changes have been benign, and all pass the unittests.
The only exception is the set of changes originating at 20dad21ded9c548c256781f480df7ebe94a7f256
tasklet initialization was moved from __new__ to __init__ making tasklet subclassing more straightforward.
This may impact code that creates custom tasklet subclasses.
The benefit is that now you can write
class foo(tasklet):
    def __init__(self, func, myarg):
        super(foo, self).__init__(func)
        self.myarg = myarg

instead of the weird and awkward:
    def __init__(self, func, myarg):
        self.myarg = myarg
    def __new__(kls, func, myarg):
        return tasklet.__new__(kls, func)

The change is that:
1) __init__ works just like bind()
2) __new__ ignores extra arguments  (like all other news for builtin types)