[Stackless] Stackless support for IO.

Piotr Husiatyński piotrhusiatynski at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 11:51:23 CET 2014

Hi,
I'm considering using stackless for my project, but one thing bothers
me. Stackless provides tools for creating light threads and comunicate
between them, which are used to build concurent applications. This
often involves a lot of IO opperations. But there's no native support
for blockingoperations. Instead, suggested solution is to use library
that does that and use stackless on top of it.
I'm trying to understand why stackless does not provide any support
for nonblocking IO operations. What is the reason for not having
internal main loop that take care or blocking operations and blocking
system calls switching by default?