[Stackless] Upcoming Stackless releases

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 23:24:57 CET 2014

Hi,

I've been reflecting on the 2.7.6 and 3.3.3 releases of Stackless, and
how I think it's important we do them in a timely fashion.

However, there are a decent number of outstanding issues, so I'd like
to propose a different approach.

I plan to do three release candidate releases:

2.7.6
3.3.3
3.4.0

These will only include the latest finalised changes.

I'll also make a list of outstanding things that need to be addressed
before we can do final releases, and then once these are done, I'll
tag and package up the official source releases.

Then people can step up to do windows and macos installers.

My hope is that then someone who goes to the Stackless web site won't
see old versions only being available.  Ideally we'd be able to
generate windows and macos installers for the intermediate release
candidates, but.. I'm not sure anyone with the right software licenses
will find the time.  We'll see.

Thoughts? Ideas?