[Stackless] stackless 2.8

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Tue Jan 7 02:51:31 CET 2014

On 07.01.14 02:23, Richard Tew wrote:
> No, I just want to be clear on what everyone expects to get out of it.
>   For me, as I understand it, it's 2.x with whatever whomever wishes to
> backport from 3.x, included.  Therefore, to some degree it would also
> serve (with no extra work than any of us plans) as an intermediate
> point that lessens effort in migrating to 3.x by being somewhere in
> between.
>
> I think that renaming the executable is what you should do.  People
> can alias to 'python' as they please.

Very much agreed!
That is what I'm going to do consequently,
and quite probably this is the best to do in the future, too!

But let us try it with 2.8 first. If people like what they get, then we
should
consider to extend the renaming.

all the best -- Chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023