[Stackless] __future__ policy

Jeff Senn senn at maya.com
Wed Jan 8 21:02:20 CET 2014

Yeah, I’ve wondered why some better solution wasn’t put in place to begin with.  Something
like:

from __future__.v3.1 import ….

So that the statement can become a no-op (syntactically) on future versions, and also so that you are
not closing off the namespace for features in even *more* future versions…

( I guess this sort of thing is less important if you actually believe that everyone will just re-write
all of their code when a major version happens… <sigh> )