[Stackless] Pushing 2.7-slp branch to bitbucket

Anselm Kruis a.kruis at science-computing.de
Wed Jan 15 10:36:47 CET 2014

Any progress so far? I found old discussions on python-dev:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2011-March/110063.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2012-May/119214.html
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2011-May/001685.html

Perhaps it is possible to
- push a change to the the .hgeol file to hg.python.org
- merge this change back into the stackless-dev/stackless repo on bitbucket
- push everything to hg.python.org
- revert the change to .hgeol
But this procedure is really ugly!

If it is not possible to disable this hook, I volunteer to rewrite the
history. After all it were my commits, that caused all this trouble.
Fortunately stackless-dev/stackless is not yet public. Therefore it
shouldn't be to hard, to update all clones. To rewrite the history I
would create new heads just before my commits, reapply all changes with
correct line endings and finally close the old heads.

Cheers
   Anselm

Am 14.01.2014 12:44, schrieb Anselm Kruis:
> Now that our integration repository is on bitbucket, we should try to
> get the checks disabled for hg.python.org/stackless.
>
> Cheers
>    Anselm
>
> Am 14.01.2014 05:29, schrieb Richard Tew:
>> Or someone can get the line ending thing disabled for the
>> hg.python.org repo on the server-side.  Even if just for several days
>> for those revisions to be pushed.  That's what we did when importing
>> the repository IIRC.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Richard.
>>
>> On 1/14/14, Christian Tismer <tismer at stackless.com> wrote:
>>> I have checked some of these revisions.
>>> The reports are from versions which are not current.
>>>
>>> My hope was that the versions are only checked in the most
>>> recent revision, which was unfortunately not the case.
>>>
>>> I think hg.python.org is pushing the rules too far here.
>>> Anyway, if we want to check out changes to hg.python.org,
>>> I fear we have to re-write history.
>>>
>>> This seems to affect four files.
>>> We would need to:
>>>
>>> - undo all the changes from where they occurred, fix the files, and
>>> re-apply
>>>      the changes. This is a lot of work.
>>>
>>> - this also means history re-writing.
>>>
>>> cheers - Chris

>>> --
>>> Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer at stackless.com>
>>> Software Consulting          :     Have a break! Take a ride on Python's
>>> Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 121     :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net/
>>> 14482 Potsdam                :     PGP key -> http://pgp.uni-mainz.de
>>> phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023
>>> PGP 0x57F3BF04       9064 F4E1 D754 C2FF 1619  305B C09C 5A3B 57F3 BF04
>>>         whom do you want to sponsor today?   http://www.stackless.com/

  Dipl. Phys. Anselm Kruis                       science + computing ag
  Senior Solution Architect                      Ingolstädter Str. 22
  email A.Kruis at science-computing.de             80807 München, Germany
  phone +49 89 356386 874  fax 737               www.science-computing.de
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management: