[Stackless] Stackless on macos x

Denis Fourt denis.prog at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 04:32:39 CEST 2014

Hi,
I would like to try stackless. I am using macos 10.9 presently (in case of trouble I can still use 10.6). There is no ready to use installer that match the version of the already installed (by apple) python, so I do not think this is the best way (even if the versions had matched I would have avoided it, CPython does not replace the original, why Stackless should?)
I can download the sources or clone the repository, but :I do not know which revision/branch/tag to use (the information on the web site looks a bit out dated)I do not know which compiler to use : clang or the old gcc4.2if the compiler choice has an impact later when installing packages.
An alternative would be to use PyPy : for what reasons should I prefer Stackless (not taking into account the fact that some Python packages like numpy do not work with PyPy)?
Thanks for the help,
Denis