[Stackless] Stackless on macos x

Denis Fourt denis.prog at hotmail.com
Sat May 10 23:46:44 CEST 2014

Hi and thanks with the advice. I have actually installed readline with HomeBrew. This was the easy part. I have made some search on the internet and studied the HomeBrew formula for regular CPython 2.7, trying to understand how to modify the setup.py file. So far I have failed to correctly link stackless and readline (meaning a nice segmentation fault likely from a mismatch between a *.h and and a library).
I have considered using the dedicated readline python package, but have postponed this option as one of the "easy" installer is required, which I would like to avoid.
As I have already managed to build stackless, I shall first explore the stackless features through pypy (which is really easy to install with HomeBrew), then shall switch to the real stackless when needed (that is should I need something like numpy).
Thanks to all for your help,
DenisPs pypy has its own readline in python